LVS-7510 (ZT) Print Quality Inspection System
The LVS-7510 inspection system is used for product label verification in medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, consumer goods packaging and specialty chemical manufacturing.
Ensure Accuracy and Data Integrity on Each Label at print speeds of up to 254mm (10") per second with the LVS-7510:
- Identify Defects
- Eliminate Fines and Disputes
- Reduce Rework
- Control Waste
- Avoid Liability
- Provides operator notification of print quality degradation, enabling proactive maintenance
- Can be used with off-line verifiers to create a seamless label design and production quality system
Vision Technology for Thermal Printers: 100% Label Inspection including 1D/2D Barcode Verification, OCR, Serialization and Blemish Detection.
- Barcode Verification (Grading of 1D/2D Codes). Inspects any combination of 1D/2D codes and grades them using internationally accepted standards. The software displays a real-time graph indicating the overall ISO grade allowing the operator to view trends in print quality for hundreds of previously inspected labels. As errors are detected, the graph changes color. Other error warning indicators are available including printer stop, light stack, alarm, etc.
- Barcode Validation (Reading of 1D/2D Codes). Inspects codes to determine if they are “readable.” No attempt is made to grade according to any standard.
- Master to Label Comparison (Blemish Detection). Identifies print faults, such as skews, smears, registration errors, die-cut errors and missing information. This feature includes a variable data function that recognizes expected variables within a pattern-matching zone but does not report the data as a blemish. Also includes a variable sensitivity setting for each label field inspected.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR). “Reads” characters and reports the data content.
- Optical Character Verification (OCV). Ensures that a string of sequential characters are read and/or verified against a known field or database.
- Number Validation. Verifies the expected order of any numerical series, detects duplicates and sequence errors, and matches variable numbers with external data files.
- Data and Code Matching. Verifies encoded data that represents human readable information and ensures synchronicity of multiple fields within a label.
- Printer Integration. LVS-7510 integrates into Zebra xi4 and Printronix T8000 series printers. Contact Microscan for the latest status of additional printer models.
|Standard Configuration Includes||• Calibration Card (NIST Traceable) • Read Head • Sensor and Encoder (785 PPR) • USB Cable 2.0 Certified 6 feet (1.8 m) • Power Supply 5V • Power Cord (for United States customers only) • Stop Motion Interface Unit • 21-CFR Part 11 Compliant Ready • LVS-7510 Operations Manual, Installation Guide • 1 Year Workmanship Warranty • Height=330-394mm (13.0-15.5"), Width=262-402mm (10.3-15.8"), Depth=518-521mm (20.4-20.5")*dimensions based on printer model selected|
|Characteristics||• 5.4” (138mm) Read Head • Light Tower with Interface • Read Head • Maximum readable label width: 8.5” (216 mm) • Maximum width of web: 8.7” (220 mm)|
|Minimum PC Requirements||• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor (or equivalent) • 2 GB RAM • 80 GB Hard Drive • 1280 x 1024 Screen Resolution • USB 2.0 • Microsoft Windows® XP Professional or Windows® 7.|
|International Standards||• ISO/IEC 15426 – 1 & 2 • ISO/IEC 15415 • ISO/IEC 15416 • All supported ISO/IEC symbology specifications|
|Verify||Any combination of linear, matrix or stacked codes to ISO Print Quality Standards including: • ISO/IEC 15416:2000(E) - Linear Verifier Conformance • ISO/IEC 15415:2004(E) - 2-Dimensional Verifier Conformance|
|Orientation & Number||Any orientation and number of codes on a label|
|Read and Analyze||1D and 2D to published international specifications, with an overall ISO (ANSI) grade|
|Minimum 1D NBW||Read only: 6.3 Mils (.0063”) (.160 mm) Verification: 8.8 Mils (.0088”) (.223 mm)|
|Minimum 2D Cell Size||Read only: 10.0 Mils (.0100”) (.254 mm)Verification: 12.5 Mils (.0125”) (.317 mm)|
|Reporting||Detailed data to be reported is in .csv format for extraction by the end user. Summary reporting is available for viewing via the LVS-7510 software.|